Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Cassandra's Favorite Recipe for Maryland Crab Cakes



This is my favorite - moist and flavorful. Many cooks use French's yellow mustard and dry breadcrumbs, but I love the flavor of the Coleman's dry mustard and the use of day-old bread crumbles to make a truly great crab cake!

Serves 4

Ingredients:
2 slices bread, crusts removed and crumbled
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 teaspoons OLD BAY® Seasoning
2 teaspoons fresh chopped parsley
1 teaspoon Coleman’s Dry Mustard
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 egg, beaten
1 pound lump crabmeat

1. Carefully remove any cartilage or shell from crabmeat.
2. In a bowl, mix bread, mayonnaise, OLD BAY, parsley, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and egg in large bowl until well blended. Gently stir in crabmeat.
3. Shape into 4 patties.
4. Broil 10 minutes without turning or sauté both sides in a frying pan in butter or canola oil until golden brown on both sides. Sprinkle with additional OLD BAY, if desired.

Serve with Worcestershire sauce or fresh lemon wedges and white wine or beer. Enjoy!

Love this poem about crab cakes!





11 comments:

  1. Dear Cassandra, Now you ARE talking!! This dish looks truly 'historic'. I so wish that I could eat them right now. I do not care how long this takes me or how many tries to perfect it, this receipt is going to be cooked by ME!!

    At last, a use for Colman's mustard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, looks so delicious, I will have to make these for my husband, thanks much, Gina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Though I don't often have them, crab cakes are one of my all time favorite foods. This recipe looks so good. I am printing it out to make sometime! Thanks for posting it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yammie ..it looks delicious !!!...happy day tomorrow......love Ria...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear friends,

    When you prepare these - please let me know how they turned out! Cassandra ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds Yummy!!! I'm a Maryland Girl and do the same except I take 20 Saltine Crackers, crush them up and used them in place of the bread. I don't add salt because it's on the saltines already :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds Yummy, I'm a Maryland Girl and do the same except I take 20 saltine crackers, crush them up and use them in place of the bread. I don't add salt because there's salt on the crackers :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Made these tonight. They were good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is similar to the recipe we used in Maryland during crab season. Simple but delicious. Thank you for sharing. Makes me homesick for Maryland and the Chesapeake Bay.

    ReplyDelete
  10. this sounds awesome.. I love "crabby patties" thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to try this for my son's birthday. I used to be quite a crabber myself- on the Texas Coast. I love seafood!!

    ReplyDelete


Beatrix & Friends...

Frolicking Lambs

Cassandra Follows...